Try these easy steps to create a fall centerpiece that will spice up your space for the season!
- A pumpkin
- Tin can
- Fillings of your choice
1. Find a pumpkin of your choice and cut a hole in the top. Cut it straight down so you create a hole in the pumpkin.
2. Scoop out the seeds and strings until the hole is clean.
3. Add bleach inside the pumpkin and swirl it around.
4. Pour out the bleach and allow it to dry.
5. Take a tin can, such as leftover from canned beans or chicken noodle soup, and insert it into the hole.
6. From here, you can put in fillings of your choice! Some of our favorites include:
a. Filling the tin can with water and turn it into a vase for fresh flowers
b. Find twigs, wheat, dried leaves, and pinecones to make it a natural centerpiece
c. Turn it into a candle holder! There are two ways to do this: use a big candle that fits in the can perfectly, or fill the can with dried beans or small rocks and insert a tall, tapered candle. The beans and rocks will hold it in place
d. Fill the can with dried flowers and your favorite potpourri for an extra scent
e. Fill the can with soil and add succulents to make a fall succulent garden